Tooth-Colored Fillings – Landrum, SC
An Image-Friendly Answer for Tooth Decay
You obviously don’t want to leave cavities alone for too long, but you may also be less-than-enthused about the idea of getting metal restorations that grab the wrong sort of attention. Luckily, Dr. Moneyhun can restore both the health and appearance of your smile with the help of high-quality tooth-colored fillings. If you’re looking for a way to repair your decayed teeth without compromising their appearance, give our office a call today.
Why Choose Parkside Dental for Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Fillings Made from Lifelike, Long-Lasting Materials
- Dentist That Takes Their Time with You
- Practice That Accepts All PPO Dental Insurance Plans
What are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
For years, dental fillings were primarily made out of metal amalgam. However, nowadays many dentists prefer tooth-colored fillings that consist of composite resin. One of the obvious benefits of composite resin is the fact that it can be customized to match the appearance of your natural teeth. The result is that fillings made out of composite resin can blend in seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
The Process of Getting a Tooth-Colored Filling
Before anything else, we will need to examine your tooth and consider all of the available treatment options. Then we can let you know whether having a tooth-colored filling placed is the right choice for your smile. If it is, you can generally expect the procedure to only take one visit. Here’s a brief overview of what the process will look like:
- Your mouth will be numbed so that you don’t experience any discomfort during the treatment.
- The tooth in question will be prepared (meaning the decayed and damaged portions will be removed).
- The area will be gently cleaned, and the pores of the tooth will be opened with a weak acid.
- The composite resin (which will already be shaded to blend in with the rest of your teeth) will be placed and sculpted as needed.
- Our team will shine a special light on the filling to harden it in place.
- We will double-check to make sure there aren’t any problems and make any last-minute adjustments that might be required.
- Once your tooth has been smoothed and polished, you can head home with your newly revitalized smile.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Why do so many dentists and patients favor tooth-colored fillings for repairing decayed teeth? Below are just a few of the most notable reasons:
- They Look Very Natural: Once your tooth-colored filling is in place, the average observer won’t even realize that you ever had a cavity to begin with.
- They are Very Biocompatible: A filling made out of composite resin can be an especially good choice for patients with metal sensitivities or allergies.
- They Help Preserve the Natural Tooth: Placing a metal filling typically involves removing enamel from the tooth to hold the material in place. With tooth-colored fillings, this isn’t necessary because the material will bond directly with the tooth.
- They are Very Durable: As long as you do a good job of caring for your tooth-colored filling, you can expect it to last for many years.